I helped a well-known Covent Garden-based digital agency to develop an HTML prototype for a global broking company's new website.
The client’s existing website had an outdated visual design as well as poor information architecture resulting in an overall lacklustre user experience.
The main objectives of the redesign were:
- Refresh the website look and feel
- Reposition the company as a leader in their field
- Reposition the company as customer-facing rather than technocentric
- Encourage a sense of community
- To increase the number of service enquiries
- To have more control over content by migrating to a new CMS
There was a limited budget and timeline for the project so considerations for mobile and tablet-specific experiences were unfortunately out of scope.
The main challenges included:
- Understanding the content (the world of Interdealer broking is rather complicated)
- Creating a user-focused IA to replace the existing company-centric taxonomy
- Creating an intelligent product finder
- Revising the current contact functionality
Key prototype features
The key features of the prototype included:
- Working examples of key user interactions such as carousels, tabbed content, navigation
- Clickable main navigation to allow us to demonstrate key user journeys
- Page-level annotations
- Module annotations
- HTML output
- PDF output
The prototype was used to demonstrate the UX vision in-situ to the client as well as provide a reference point for the internal design and development teams as the project progressed.
Share This Project
If you enjoyed this project, then let others know about it by sharing it.Tweet